Friday, August 5, 2011

Immigrant Housing

This was one of the most changeling assignments I've ever done. I am a very light-hearted photographer, focusing more on wittiness and cuteness. This was a photo about immigrant housing with a little profile on this family who has two connecting apartments for their family of 11. The father didn't speak english, so talking though an interpreter was needed. All I could do was act confident so he and his family would trust me.

 Mohamed H. Shee sits on the floor in his St Cloud apartment surrounded by his children and grandchild Thursday, Aug. 4.
Left to right, Warda Hassan, Imran Fathi, Sumeiya Hassan, Hanan Hassan, and Fatma Hassan.

Times photo by Kaitlin Keane
kkeane@stcloudtimes.com
 Mohamed H. Shee, right, gets help making a telephone call from Mohamoud Mohamed, director of St Cloud Area Somali Salavation Organization Thursday, Aug. 4.
Shee needs a translator for some interactions because he knows little English.

Times photo by Kaitlin Keane
kkeane@stcloudtimes.com
 Mohamed H. Shee sits on the floor in his St Cloud apartment while two of his 11 children sit on the couch, right, Fatma Hassan, and Hanan Hassan Thursday, Aug. 4. Shee is on a waiting list for public housing, he has around seven more months left of his two and a half year wait.

Times photo by Kaitlin Keane
kkeane@stcloudtimes.com

Mohamoud Mohamed, director of St Cloud Area Somali Salavation Organization talks on behalf of Mohamed H. Shee, right, at the St Cloud Housing and Redevelopment Authority Thursday, Aug. 4.
Shee is on a waiting list for public housing, he has around seven more months left of his two and a half year wait.

Times photo by Kaitlin Keane
kkeane@stcloudtimes.com

During my visit his daughters were so pretty and very interested in me and my camera. I let the one daughter hold my camera and take some shots via live view, and here is what she came out with.


 Photo by Warda Hassan
 Photo by Warda Hassan
 Photo by Warda Hassan
 Photo by Warda Hassan
 Photo by Warda Hassan
 Photo by Warda Hassan
Photo by Warda Hassan
With a little crop to this one by me, I think it is beautiful.
Photo by Warda Hassan

No comments:

Post a Comment