Sunday, October 23, 2011

Not a big fan

So I'm coming to realize I am not a big spot news fan. But it comes with the job. This was my first house fire to cover. I wasn’t to excited but I was able to work through it with a long lens.
In 1999 my family had a house fire and we lost everything. I don't remember the media being there during the actual fire part, I do remember them being there later that afternoon.

Being 9, I was so excited to be talked too. Never-the-less, this is just a hard subject for me, and I have a feeling it always will be.

I don't light candles in my apartment because of it. I unplug the toaster after I use it each time and don't use a crockpot because I never want to experience that again. (sorry if you were gonna get me candles for x-mas :) )


 Victoria Fire Department tends to an electrical fire on E. 2nd St. caused by a malfunction with a window air unit Sunday, Oct. 2.
KAITLIN KEANE/KKEANE@VICAD.COM


 Rosie Baladez wipes tears away from her eyes while she stands and watches fire fighters tend to her home. An electrical fire started on E. 2nd St. caused by a malfunction with a window air unit Sunday, Oct. 2.

 KAITLIN KEANE/KKEANE@VICAD.COM

Cruz Alvarez, 10, hugs the family dog, Bear, across the street of his home. An electrical fire started on E. 2nd St. caused by a malfunction with a window air unit Sunday, Oct. 2.
KAITLIN KEANE/KKEANE@VICAD.COM
The Victoria Fire Department takes out a wall during an electrical fire on E. 2nd St. caused by a malfunction with a window air unit Sunday, Oct. 2.
KAITLIN KEANE/KKEANE@VICAD.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment