Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Ring.

Here I am again just reporting up a storm. ha.

read MY article here 

or i'll just copy and paste it :)

Lost and Found: Local business returns 4-carat ring to owner

RICHMOND — Maggie Kluesner, business manger at the Richmond Register, got a surprise visit from her husband, Charles, with a gift in tow.

“He asked if I was missing this,” Kluesner said as he held up her four-carat diamond anniversary ring.

“I didn’t know it was lost until it was found,” Kluesner said.

Kluesner and her husband are in the process of moving so her vehicle had been used to haul boxes back and forth.

Kluesner’s husband Charles was getting her car detailed at Bedliners Etc. as a surprise. He dropped the car off Tuesday when employee  Ruby Leis found the ring under the driver’s side seat.

“I was thinking, ‘This lady will be so glad,’” Leis said.

“We find stuff in cars all the time, you’d be surprised what people leave in cars,” said business owner Jerry Brandenburg.

Being new to Richmond, Kluesner has been going to Bedliners Etc. since she moved to town in April.

“They do a wonderful job. I take both my cars there once a month,” Kluesner said.

Brandenburg says they try to be as honest as possible when working in the cars.

“I thought was so great,” Kluesner said,  “they could have kept it and I would have never known.”

“I’ve never took nothing,” Leis said, “I even give customers McDonald’s receipts back in case they want them.”

Leis has been employed with Bedliners Etc. for nine years, and said Kluesner’s ring is the most expensive thing she has ever found in a car.

“I don’t know if it could be replaced,” Kluesner said while looking down at the ring on her left hand.




No comments:

Post a Comment