Friday, April 8, 2011

Hello Minnesota!!

This summer I will be living in St. Cloud, Minnesota. Working for the St Cloud Times as a photojournalism intern.



I applied to be a Chips Quinn Scholors Program last semester which is "The Chips Quinn Scholars program offers journalism students of color hands-on training in journalism and mentoring by caring news veterans. The aim: Provide special support and encouragement that will open doors to news careers and bring greater diversity to the nation's daily newspaper newsrooms."

The St Cloud Times (http://www.sctimes.com/) decided to pick me up as one of there two photo interns and I couldn't be more nervous and excited at the same time!

While sadly enough it is 15 hours from Bowling Green, and matthew cannot move with me, it will be a challenging summer for the both of us but I know we will get though :)


A bonus about the intern ship is that the Mall of America is only an hour away! Along with a fellow WKU PJ--Leslye Davis--knowing that I have at least one person I know an hour away oppose to 15 hours is a nice reminder.



This is just another new opportunity that I am excited to take and I know I can only grow from the experience. My only hope is that Kay can come with me :) ---if you don't know Kay is my cat/best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment