Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sport Story

My sport story I think saved me for this assignment because I thought on a different level with sports. But as we talked in class about my story I think there are still some more unanswered questions with Eliah..that weren't able to be portrayed in photos yet. I needed more time to get more intimate with him.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eliah is a freshman at Warren East High School, while also is one of three male dancers at his studio, Dance Arts of Bowling Green. Eliah started dancing when he as four years old. While only being 15 his life right now evolves around dance.
“My life is school, dance, dance, and more dance then go home and do homework,” Eliah said.

Eliah participates in six different performance groups, tap 3, jazz 2, ballet 3, dance company, jazz 3, performance troupe, and two solo sessions. “This is my passion...I know what I want to do, and I’m not going to let anyone stop me from that just because they think it’s weird that I’m a guy and I dance,” Eliah said, “I think I got that from my mom.”

“People just assume that I am gay, all the time,” Eliah said. While having mostly girl friends Eliah states that he likes girls. “Me and Tyler (one of the other male dancers) used to be really close,” Eliah said, “but then he realized he was gay and when he found out I wasn’t...things between us just started to be awkward.”
 Eliah says he has guy friends at school, but at the same time there are jock guys that give him a hard time still.
“I’m not afraid to stand up for myself,” Eliah said, “but I am lucky to have a good support system at school too.”

(photos by KAITLIN KEANE)








No comments:

Post a Comment