Saturday, April 9, 2011

So much dance.

I have been around so much dance in the last week--I feel as if I know the routines and I can tell when the girls aren't stepping right.

There just two of my favorites from today's shoot at the studio, and probably last time there with Eliah.
I don't know what it is about the second photo that I like so much. I think it is the fact that I cannot see his face--that he is so into the dance...and along with the chaos of the girls behind him. Fixing her hair, her leg half up off beat, and the other girl with the best face ever. I hope it makes the cut for my story edit.

April 8, 2011--
Ashleigh Keefer, has been working at Dance Arts of Bowling Green for three years. Keefer teaches 17 different dance classes including private lessons. On Friday's at 4:15 p.m. Keefer teaches ballet to a group of girls ages of 8-9.
"They know the basics but they haven't mastered them yet...so they can't do a lot but they aren't babies," Keefer said. She also stated that this class can be hard because the girls had just been at school all day and they don't want to be at dance on a Friday.

April 8, 2011--
Eliah, 14, takes part in the Jazz classes routine to help the girls practice at Dance Arts of Bowling Green, for their up and coming recital. Eliah is an assistant to Ashleigh Keefer, a teacher of 3 years at Dance Arts, also teaching tap to a group of students as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment