Thursday, April 7, 2011

Potraits

This week was also portraits. This was a challenge since I hadn't used my lighting equipment since maybe the summer. :/
But the theme of my series was remembering that one person from you school career that really stood out. Either a lunch lady or the extra helper in the class. So I was able to have the privilege to find three amazing ladies.
MARCH 25, 2011--
“Ms. Debbie” King, has worked at T.C Cherry Elementary School for 22 years, she is the cafeteria manger. King loves her job because it involves working with the children.
“If it wasn’t for them I know I wouldn’t like it as much,” King said.“I want them to know me as a person, not as a lunch lady,” King said, “I don’t want them to be afraid of me.”

King will get to school around 5:30 a.m. in order to get her work done early so she has more time to sit with the children in the morning for breakfast, and be able to talk with them. King states that her job isn’t normal, she goes from cooking meals for 260 kids to then being like an extra mom if someone needs something.

“I always taste what they are going to eat,” King said. If King doesn’t like it she won’t serve it to her kids. “I usually end up adding extra spices to things, because I know the kids won’t eat it unless it tastes good,” King said.
(photo by KAITLIN KEANE)

MARCH 25, 2011--
Stephanie Matthews is a first year teacher’s aid at South Warren Middle School.
“I consider smiling a ministry-of-sorts. It's like spanx for your face!” Matthews said. Matthews works with the Resource Students at SWMS. Matthews tries not to take herself too seriously.

“I want to be a good example to this kids,” Matthews said.
Mattews loves the middle school age group of kids.
"People ask me all the time how I deal with it...I just love getting to know them," Matthews said.
(photo by KAITLIN KEANE)
MARCH 25, 2011

Kim Moyers, has worked as an English as a Second Language teacher aid at Bristow Elementary for 12 years. While Moyers herself doesn't speak another language she likes being able to help kids understand.

"Sometimes they just need that extra help or hug," Moyers said.
Moyers works with hispanic students along with having one from Cambodia.
"Those children can do more for me than I could ever do for them, Moyers said, "I love my job."
(PHOTO BY KAITLIN KEANE)


No comments:

Post a Comment